For those of you new to this neck of the woods: SndSampler is a simple-to-use yet powerful sound editing application for the Macintosh, chosen by author and Macworld columnist David Pogue for inclusion in his best-selling book, Mac Secrets. Here are some of SndSampler's more salient features:
The readers of e-books have been becoming gradually a gap between our homes. It’s not uncommon to see users of all ages quietly reading in public transport or in the park with their eReaders. Have the model you have, if you want to fill your eBook reader, nothing beats Calibre .
Development of completely free and translated into Spanish , this application will allow us to organize, convert, transfer and even create electronic books.Compatible with OS X, PC-Windows and GNU / Linux; Calibre is packed with features, sometimes quite unknown, to make the experience of reading on eReader something much simpler. We show you step by step the possibilities of this application and how to exploit them .
Once you have downloaded and installed Calibre, first we will surprise his terse design .You do not expect a neat style and stylized style native application software in OS X Yosemite or Windows 10 for example. But do not panic, your poor design does not have to be an impediment to discover all the features of the application.
The first task will be to add books to our library, which you previously set to the desired location (although later discover all its possibilities). Although there are seven different varieties of imported books to the library, we will focus on the most important.
- Add books from a single directory: simply pressing the button “Add Books , ” we will automatically open a search box where you can navigate between different folders on your computer to find the book or books you want to add to the library.
- Add books from a file: in this case, we can access it in two ways, the first as in the previous case by directly touching the button “Add books” or by clicking on the down arrow of the same button and then on the tab “Add several books from a file”. We will have two options depending on how we have distributed books in the archive, but the most common is to select a book for each directory in the file.
The latter is an option to consider if a friend has passed us his library of e-books compressed in RAR or ZIP and want to include it in ours without having to go one on one decompressing.
One of the great features of Calibre and not everyone gets to use is the ability to automatically download the web countless e – books. So if we have the book file will not have to go Google looking for him, the application will do this work for us andautomatically included in the library. Of course, all the books that the application willsearch to be free from any kind of DRM (ie, free or public domain). If payment books, Calibre will make a selection among the major shops e-books in the world to give thelowest price.
CALIBRE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD THOSE BOOKS THAT VIOLATE COPYRIGHT
To access this feature so we’ll just go to the button “Get Books” , which will access a copyright notice and payment policy. Leaving behind this notice, a new window will open where you can select the libraries where we want to search for e-books and the different search boxes to filter books by title, author or different keywords.
All payment transactions books will be held outside the application, introducing us to the respective websites of publishers or stores e-books. Once you have purchased and downloaded the book, so we’ll just follow the steps above to add the book to the library Calibre.
Create and manage libraries
To enjoy the experience of reading before we should have all our eBooks computer. It may seem absurd , but when offers on dozens of books the fact of having to rummage through the library to modify metadata or export them to a device is somewhat tedious.Calibre provides two ways to distribute our books without switching applications.
- Create a new library: in this case we will create a new library from scratch to organize our electronic books. To do this we must go to “Library CALIBRE” button on the top toolbar and press. A new window will open where we can select the folder location where e-books that we include in our portfolio are stored. Then we leave marked the option “Create an empty library at the new location” and will press to accept.
As you see, this option also allows us to move our library to another location. It is important to note that in case you want to transfer all our e-books to a folder on an online storage service type OneDrive or just an external storage device, it is advisable to use this option and no copy / paste the folder manually as it can generate some reading errors, data loss and data append.
- Create a new virtual library: an option that not many people know but it is extremely useful is the creation of virtual libraries. Unlike traditional libraries Calibre, these will be created within our library serving of intelligent filters to search among our books. Undoubtedly a necessary tool when we manage dozens of books. To create them we will have to click on the “Virtual Library” button next to the search box interface. Then a window where we will indicate the name of the library and intelligent filtering tag appears.
With regard to this last point, the virtual libraries are fully automatic including within them only those e – books whose metadata match those we have selected. For example, in this case to order all the books of the James Bond saga in a single virtual library.
Modifying metadata: keep everything in order
If there is one thing completely vertebra Calibre is the order: an application created by and for ordering your library e-books. And metadata, this would be completely impossible. As ye shall have been able to imagine, speaking of metadata we mean all those data inserted in each book and help us to both identification and for cataloging.
WE CAN ALSO AUTOMATICALLY GENERATE COVERS SHOULD BE NO AVAILABLE
Depending on the source from which we have downloaded the e-books, it is normal that the metadata 100% completed correctly located. Otherwise or simply because we want to add new data, just we have to select the book you want from our library and click the “Edit Metadata” button. A window will appear with all the information of the electronic book selected, from the author to the book’s description will appear in our reader.
As a recommendation, should be sagas, you should manually change the “number” as well we know the exact order of each book and so appear in our reader e-books (if this is compatible). If you want to modify the metadata of several or all books automatically, so we’ll just click on the button “Edit metadata mass” at the bottom arrow button above. In this case the window that opens will be different as insert metadata already registered for the selected books. We can also find and replace data that we want tosearch in question.
Downloading metadata and covers
What happens when a book does not have all the information as metadata but we do not want to complete it manually? For example, we do not know the year of publication, the correct order if it is part of a saga we are too lazy or just look on the net. For this Calibre allow us to automate this task .
- Download the cover: if the rest of metadata are complete and we want to just download a cover for the book (because the self – generated by the application seems very dodgy), we will go to the individual vision metadata explained above and click on the “Download cover” button. Next Calibre libraries will search Amazon and Google to see the covers of this book in particular, can select the one that best suits our tastes.
- Download metadata: time is money and if you do not want to have to go through them manually including metadata of each book Calibre will do this job for us. If we complete all metadata of all library books have to select them all (keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A or Cmd + A) and then press the “Download all metadata” located at the bottom arrow on the button ” modify metadata. ” It will also work with the Ctrl + D or Cmd + D shortcut depending on whether we’re on Mac or Windows PC.
The next window will tell us if we want to download the metadata, the cover of books or both. It is important before you continue to click on “Set download” and observe the information we will download. May not interest us touch the information about the author and the publisher, just looking for that on the series to which it belongs, year of publication and description of the book for example. Also we can choose which databases Calibre seek this information to complete the metadata.
Transferring to a reader e-books
Although Calibre supports virtually all readers of electronic books, you may not have the luck that our reader is compatible with the application so the tedious task of transferring books will have to be set manually. But still, it is not something that takes along time.
- Unsupported device: in the above case where the reader is not supported by Calibre, we will automatically choose the folder where you want the e-books are deposited. To do this we must go to the button “Connect and share” to choose the option “Connect to a folder” . So downloading the application automatically go in the default folder books you’ve specified. This same feature supports micro-SD that we insert in readers compatible with external storage cards electronic books.
- I supported device: when the device if supported by Calibre, so we’ll just connect itto your computer with the corresponding cable. Then a new button appears on the toolbar with the name “Device” that will tell us the catalog of e-books containing the media in question and the information they provide us with their metadata and the ability to include new electronic books dragging or by clicking the add button.
Transferring to an Amazon Kindle
Regarding the Amazon Kindle, the system is virtually the same as a reader e-books supported by Calibre, because if just connect it via USB can see the catalog of books in its interior to delete or introduce new Titles. But thanks to the technology of these devices we can do much more, such as sending wirelessly through new email e-books, and every time our Kindle connects to a Wi-Fi will go down the same no need to include any cables .
In this case we have to make some presets in the application settings. Pressing Ctrl + P (Cmd + P on Mac) or tool bar will access preferences, where we will have to click on the button “Share books by email” . In the window that appears to us we can set up a new email account to send e-books to our device as shown in the picture.
First of all we have obtained an account, usually [email protected] from our account on Amazon. Once we have it we can set other options, taking into account theformats supported by the device.
Become like every Tuesday to bring you the most interesting applications on a different theme. This week we will focus on learning English. Then in Applesencia the best apps on como aprender ingles com facilidade from our iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with applications like Babbel, uSpeak, Voxy, Duolingo or English daily.
Every Tuesday we bring you the most interesting applications for IOS on a particular topic a series of articles that we hope will prove useful for everyone. They try to see and analyze a number of distributed applications related topics.
The goal is to help each user to decide which application best fits your needs to perform a particular task. And the huge number of applications that we find in the App Store often poses problems when choosing one or the other, even more when these are extra and if once purchased does not satisfy us, we have the possibility of return.
This week we will focus on basic apliaciones for any iPhone specifically with the most interesting applications when learning English . Again, an ambitious collection we want you as a guide to deciding your preferred application to get fit.
We started with an application that appeals to me primarily for two things, its interface and learning mode.In Duolingo not only have a perfect, friendly and beautiful interface, but the process of learning English is perfect . We’ll have to unlock games and levels to achieve. Each level talks about a different theme every level learn new words and memorize new vocabulary in English. It is free, so do not expect more and give it a try.
Bebbel is a app to learn English that stands out for its functionality and effectiveness. Not only learn new vocabulary we -Vocabulary and variadas- organized by different themes, but we can review what waslearned thanks to a perfect system of review. Also it allows us to delve into an issue or practice to memorize the words perfectly. Another free application that will help us improve our English considerably.
Everyday English is an application other somewhat different because it is an audio application. By this I mean you learn not words themselves, but conversations and expressions in English, listening to the pronunciation from our iDevice . The application is free, but to get all the expressions we buy the full version.
One of the most popular applications in this category is Voxy, and like the previous one , the learning mode is somewhat different. In Voxy we read articles and news in English, after which we will be asked toanswer questions and translate vocabulary to see if we have understood. In addition to learning with phrases and daily news, we can also review what was learned through a section of practice, a translator and tools.
Just this compilation with uSpeak, an application through game levels learn English and new vocabulary.The application stands out for its interface and the learning process. In uSpeak we will gain points as weanswer questions and we must do it in the shortest possible time. Note that if we do not understand a word we hear. A very interesting game to help improve our English.
As they say, are not all that are or are all that are , but if we tried to make a selection of the most significant, hoping to serve as aid and awaiting return next week .
The problem with programs that try to quantify 3 week diet review is the small number of foods that have and limitation on how to cook them . Caloriessolves in part this being a program with a database of 6900 foods , something quite considerable and we can find almost all foods daily.
What has llamdo me about this program is that it is very visual. By introducing the different intakes: breakfast, lunch, dinner and “snacks” We can go see in each bar -like colors the amounts of carbohydrates, fats and proteins that have consumed.
This visual information we can see both for each meal as if for a day, week or month . Thus at the end of a day we can analyze whether we have eaten too much fat or if we have not reached the recommended protein intake. I recommend that these analyzes are made weekly or monthly basis, because what we lack in one day we can meet the next and vice versa. Recall that the recommendations for good sportsmanship are: 65% carbohydrates, 20% fat and 15% protein.
If you acquire the program do not be obsesionéis to find food as such, makesubstitutions . If for example you do not find a potato mash or put the potatoes if you do not find your soup put similar because in the end result if we analyze long -term data do not vary much.
Calories solomente is made to run on Mac , something against it because it loses many users to not launch on Windows or Linux versions. It is in English I do not think it inconvenient, food is easy to find. And one point is to export data to CSV , if we want to handle the data then by other means.
The program is shareware and can toquetearlo to see if we like. Getting the license costs $ 19 , a fairly reasonable price for the large database that provides and how easy it is handled by the interface to set the menu.
On the official website you can check out the screencast to see how they spend this program. As you see it is quite resultón, as often happens in the Mac world.
If in addition to an iPhone using an iPad, or Mac Watch maybe you should start using apps that integrate seamlessly into the Apple ecosystem.
Both Apple , and its products, you can get many drawbacks. But there issomething that can not be denied: they have the best ecosystem compare him with the platform that compares. From Cupertino they have understood very well that it is making phones, tablets and computers not alone. Of course everyone can work very well separately, but if you add (if connected together perfectly and form an ecosystem) makes the result has added value. The best example is the Apple Watch , thanks to its seamless integration with the iPhone is able to get to where other accessories such as the Pebble. And the same happens between the clock and the iPhone also occurs with the iPad , Mac and even the Apple TV, which are today all the pieces that form the Apple ecosystem.
From Cupertino have understood very well that not only is making phones, tablets and computers
And living in an ecosystem has its advantages. Wherever you go you have all your data, whether contacts, tasks or files.And as each device is designed following the same pattern, all work in a similar way that makes everyday life much easier. Do not have to learn 5 ways to do one thingThis ecosystem also favors the creation of shared technologies further comprising each device each . We talked about the case of AirPlay (for watching videos on a second screen), AirPrint (for printing without cables), AirDrop (to send device files device by WiFi or Bluetooth), Touch ID and even iCloud that serves as the hub of communications cloud for almost all data.
Of course, the ecosystem not only provides benefits to users but also to companies that create them , since it is the best way of fidelity to your users.This is not only applicable to Apple and its hardware, applications and services, if not through the App Store can also take advantage of the ecosystem anyone who believes an application . If it is true that every year the requirements to be fully integrated into the ecosystem grow (only this year have added two new platforms and a handful of new APIs to adopt), but those who meet have a great advantage over the rest . Not only have “favor” of Apple (which promotes in its stores to include new features such as 3D Touch or iPad multitasking), but caring for their users.
Hence, if you want to maximize the advantages of having an iPhone, iPad, Watch, Mac or Apple tv we recommend that you try one of these apps that not only integrate if not that give meaning to the Apple ecosystem:
- 1password ( iPhone, iPad, Watch and Mac ): This is the password manager par excellence. It is not only the safest, but it is always the first ones you integrate the latest developments: from iCloud sync to iOS multitasking 9, to Touch ID.
- MindNode ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): Today is one of the apps to create more complete (and easy to use) mental maps we can find in the App Store. Use iCloud to synchronize and even has a version for the Apple Watch where we can see our documents.
- Things ( iPhone, Watch , iPad and Mac ): Now that we have improved the pace of development has improved, Things is one of the managers best positioned tasks market: it has a native app for watchOS 2 widget Notification Center and even an extension to capture new tasks from other apps.
- OmniFocus ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): Like Things, OmniFocus is the first task managers to add all the news ecosystem: multitasking, widgets, Apple Watch … The safest thing is that even already have list your app for iPad Pro.
- MoneyWiz ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): If we seek to keep track of our personal accounts this is our app. Moreover, as available on multiple devices it makes managing our money is easy: add expenses from the clock to check the data on the iPad.
- Fantastical ( iPhone, Watch , iPad and Mac ): Thanks to its design and natural language Fantastical has changed the way many use the calendar.It integrates with iCloud, has a widget, an extension and the Apple Watch works natively in addition to having a complication for the sphere.
- Day One ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): Since his arrival in 2011 has become the reference app for those who still write in a journal. Its integration with the ecosystem is such that it is able to add our activity, position, temperature and even the music you’re listening to an input to give greater context.
- Deliveries ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): With it we can track our packages from all our devices. From the Notification Center widget to your wrist.
- PCALC ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): The scientific calculator for excellence in IOS and Mac has recently launched its version for the Watch and is even expected in the Apple TV..
- Pixelmator ( iPhone, iPad and Mac ): Unlike Photoshop Pixelmator is one of the graphic editors who can say they are part of the ecosystem: it integrates with iCloud, uses the latest processing technologies and iOS has up to an extension to edit images.
- Paprika ( iPhone , iPad and Mac ): The app is responsible for saving our recipes and help us develop a shopping list as we go to cook. Although his version is the iPad, the iPhone and Mac are not far behind.
- Tweetbot ( iPhone, iPad and Mac ): ? What about Tweetbot that was not said with its latest update can even respond to notices from the Apple Watch.
- Reeder ( iPhone, iPad and Mac ): If you’re still news RSS Reeder is the best choice. It is compatible with most services and is available in all places where you want to read.
- Djay ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): It is not only one of the most complete today for mixing applications, but it can say with confidence that none of its versions is a “toy”, not even the Apple Watch .
- Next ( iPhone, Watch , iPad and Mac ): Focused on cost control and Cloud bookkeeping services, Next has been one of the apps that has better understood the concept of ecosystem and has adapted perfectly to each device .
- Byword ( iPhone, iPad and Mac ): If ours is minimalist writing apps like iA Writer us fall short this is our app. It maintains the same idea but has added as interesting as the ability to publish to WordPress, Blogger or Tumblr.
- iA Writer ( iPhone, iPad and Mac ): If all you are looking for when writing is a blank page and want to leave out all distractions this is your app.
- Clear ( iPhone, Watch, iPad and Mac ): If Things or OmniFocus is you are “big” and do not like the way it works is clear reminders app to manage your tasks. ICloud synchronization features, design and sounds really worked and is even has a widget for the notification center.
And you, what apps that integrate seamlessly into the ecosystem you do you use?
So far we often heard news of new businesses that start to support Apple Pay in the United States when making any purchase. However, an extremely interesting option would be to pay at vending machines or self – service . The typical coffee in the break from work, the coke on a hot summer day or the parking ticket without chump fill pockets.
USA Technologies announced today that about 200 thousand of these vending machines or self – service in the United States will support payment by Apple Pay . Such machines include some very good coffee makers, drinks and similar products, laundry, parking, newspaper kiosks, and even car washing machines.
Stephen P. Herbert, CEO of USA Technologies, said they are aware that a number of the millions of customers who use these machines daily would like to be able to pay with Apple Pay . Also, he thinks that using apple pay in such vending machines increase sales by making it easier for customers to pay for any product .
It has also ensured that USA Technologies has always sought to provide its customers comfort, safety and easy way to pay, now that it is becoming more common not wear loose cash.
USA Technologies is related to major brands like Starbucks, but also with smaller, so from today in the US will be much easier to find any vending machine that allows pay via Apple Pay. A very good news.
Coffee lovers, fans of Apple, This gadget you’ll love it ! Apple icup is your cup of coffee!A cup inspired by the famous bitten apple Apple in coffee machine rental for office Singapore, which has a heating plate to keep the coffee hot as long as necessary. It is an idea illustrator and Canadian designerTomislav Zvonarić.
Sitting in front of desk with a cup of freshly brewed coffee, turn on your computer, find ideas, read Decoratrix.com, check the mail … what about the coffee? Cold, of course.Who has not happened something like ever? Cup icup Tomislav prevent Zvonarić have to reheat your coffee or make a new one, it has a USB cable to keep hot drink.
This original coffee cup is connected to the computer via a USB cable, which not only feeds the “addiction” to caffeine, but also brand loyalty.
Apple icup is available in four different colors: white, black, red and green. Functional and stylish, it includes a saucer and a spoon of coffee.
Apple fans, I know you’re dying to know how much and where to buy it , but before you emocionéis too (if not you done already), Apple icup is, so far, only an idea. It is not marketed, for now . We will have to wait for some manufacturers buy the idea and get to make so many cups icup for coffee addicts and brand of Steve Jobs. Undoubtedly, this is a prototype that, if carried to reality, love to the hundreds of thousands of followers you have Apple worldwide. I’m more of a beer … what an apple to keep italways cold? Through Beautiful Life.
Clean your portable Apple is one of the tasks that you perform regularly , if you want to keep it as the first day.Keep in mind that if in the future want to sell on the spotmarket, the better your state more you can ask for it. In today’s post, we show you how you should make theexterior cleaning of a MacBook Pro second hand.
CLEANING A MACBOOK PRO
The following cleaning procedure will serve for any model of MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro Retina second hand (13 “, 15” or 17 “) The steps are as follows.:
First of all, you need a soft micro-fiber cloth type lint.
– Turn off your computer, unplug the power and remove the battery . Remove the battery is not entirely necessary, but this way take the opportunity to clean dust the space for it (always use a dry cloth for this operation).
– With the cloth dampened with water proceeds to clean the entire outside of the MacBook Pro second hand. Try not to get moisture into openings.
– Pay special attention to the keyboard , as it is one of the most dirty parts. You should clean one by one all the keys . It is important that you go to wet the cloth every so often anddo not push too keys as these are very sensitive.
– Remember to go drying the laptop with the same cloth.
– To clean the screen of dust or typical fingerprints, also it comes to dampen the cloth and pass it across the screenwithout pressing too hard . Then the dry. Never pulverices anything directly on the screen . If the screen is very dirty, you may need to perform cleaning several times.
– Remember that it is essential that NOT use any cleaner (cleaners, alcohol, cleaning products common, …). What can IF you use for cleaning are a special liquid for cleaning screens LCD or LED.
If you know any other trick that is useful for the cleaning of a MacBook Pro, do not hesitate to leave it in the comments at the end of the post.
Finally, remember that in Re-New you can buy or sell your MacBook Pro for sale at the best price. All our items have 15 day trial and 1 year warranty.
You can visit our store in Barcelona or through our online store where you can buy or sell easily, quickly and conveniently without leaving home, Click here http://londoncleanltd.co.uk/
Can't hardly contain yourself waiting to download this little beauty, right?
Downloading on a pee-cee at work? No problem! Since the SndSampler archive is binhexed, it can be downloaded on any type of computer. All you need to do is put it on a disk and take it home to your Mac, where it can be decoded and uncompressed.